Our StoryAbout Us
We exist to help missionally motivated leaders and their organizations grow, find delight, and make a positive impact on the world. We do this by helping them find and remove the obstacles to flourishing that exist in their leadership, strategy, and operations. These are the values that drive all our interactions with clients, partners, and prospects.
About Our Founder
Every day he would wake up, drive to a corporate office, and do a corporate job. Daniel was good at his job, but he was never really satisfied. He was always looking for the next thing, thinking the next opportunity would make him happy.
One day, Daniel unexpectedly lost his job. Because of that, Daniel started doing executive coaching with small business owners and consulting work with startups.
Finding he was good at working with these business owners, Daniel founded Steering Ventures, made some business cards, and started working with more and more clients.
Finally, Daniel realized that he enjoyed consulting work more than he ever enjoyed his corporate job. He realized he could help more people as an independent consultant and coach than he could in another corporate job. So Daniel stopped looking for another corporate job and focused on helping small businesses flourish.
And Daniel and his clients lived happily ever after.
Degrees & Certifications
- Bachelor of Arts, Covenant College
- Bachelor of Science – Industrial & Systems Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology. With Highest Honors.
- Masters of Business Administration – Strategy & Analytics, Goizueta Business School at Emory University. With Honors.
- Certified Master Life Coach
- Six Sigma Black-Belt trained, Green-Belt certified
- Pragmatic Marketing certified
- Judgment Index certified
Our Core Values
Everything rises and falls on the actions and influence of the leader.
Pursuing physical, emotional, mental, relational, and organizational health.
There is no substitute for hard work. Never give up. Never stop believing. Never stop fighting.
Treat others the way you would like to be treated.
Karma is at the center of the universe, but Grace transcends reason and logic.
More About Daniel
Favorites & Influences
- Simon Sinek: Start With Why. Leaders Eat Last
- Patrick Lencioni: The Advantage
- Seth Godin: Linchpin
- Eric Ries: Lean Startup
- Richard Rohr: Falling Upwards
- Tim Ferriss: Tools of Titans. Tribe of Mentors.
- Peter Drucker: The Effective Executive.
- Tim Keller: Every Good Endeavor.
- Jocko Willink: Extreme Ownership. The Dichotomy of Leadership.
- Peter Scazzero: The Emotionally Healthy Leader
- Peter Diamandis: Abundance. Bold.
- Brene Brown: Daring Greatly
Daniel lives in Peachtree Corners, Georgia with his beautiful wife Victoria and their two boys. He has served as an elder at Perimeter Church since 2006. When Daniel isn’t working, traveling, or spending time with his family, he is usually exercising or reading.
What We Do Best
Reduced Strategic Planning cycle-times by 30% for a $1B financial services company
Strategy & Operational Alignment
Developed and implemented an organizational operating system for a $600MM software division
Designed, sold and led a new go-to-market strategy, resulting in a multi-year consulting engagement with a top 10 bank
Generated $8MM in savings through process improvements as a member of a Fortune 500 Leadership Development Program
Get In Touch
Peachtree Corners, GA 30092